Built of local Doddington stone and completed in 1765, the church has been enlarged over the years. An amateur video is at the foot of this page.
However, remains of an early Church (probably 12th century) were discovered on the North side of the Church.
A prominent feature in St. Mary’s is the East window made by Harry Stammers of York in 1962 showing Christ in Glory in the centre with his arms open wide in welcome.
The 19th century nave windows reflect the theme of the Holy Trinity.
Numerous plaques show the support given by members of the local community including the clock installed in 1856 thanks to public subscription.
There is a memorial to Rev. William Haigh in the South East corner of the nave and the West end of the South wall is the Pennant of the Loyal Glendale Rangers which was raised to defend Glendale from Napoleonic invasion but was never needed.
The British Legion Flags have been laid up here.
Below the East window is the memorial to the men of Wooler who died in two World Wars.